Sunday 25 November 2012

How to keep from freezing on a run

This is one of my last runs before a year abroad in Australia. 

So I took the time to really enjoy the dots of frost on the grass.



And then I offended all the Fashion Gods with my running outfit.



Leg warmers, warm tights, long sleeved shirt, running pullover, down vest, hat! + Vibrams and gloves, and we're done.


I ran REALLY fast to keep from freezing. The Garmin said I did a 6:15min/km average, with my fastest pace being something like 6:09.

I was really cold.

16:06 min
2.58 km / 1.60 miles
6:15 min/km
189 calories

By the end of the run, I had a single triumphant drop of sweat drip off my nose.

I sat around after my run trying to get the feeling back into my toes.


The dogs refused to sit on my stinky feet. They decided to fight each other instead.

All-in-all, a successful run. I didn't feel loose in my legs until 8 minutes in, and by then my feet were numb.

Hey Vibrams, can you make something for winter running?

Please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment