Tuesday 20 November 2012

Aaand, No, I shouldn't run

After my post this morning, I went off to Ashtanga, did my practice all the way to my last pose, Garbha Pindasana, which has been my last pose FOREVER.

David Robson looked at me and asked, "Do you still run?"

I'm pretty sure I never told him that I started running.

I nodded. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since the last time I technically ran, but I've done lots of walking since. (Yes, walking up and down hills until you break a sweat still counts! Especially when you do it for 45+ mins and your hips are sore the day after.)

After backbends, he pressed on my back and said, "You're at an edge. You have to choose whether or not to give up what's tightening your hips, and choose something less stressful for your legs."

"So it's the running that's the problem?"

"Yes. You start opening the hips one day, and the next day they tighten back up again," he explained.

So it's confirmed. What I've guessed for weeks now, since I've upped my mileage to 10K+ a week.

Running makes Ashtanga hurt, hard, impossible.

For my hips at least, especially with my bum knee. (friggin half-lotus impossibleness)

I'm bummed. So I took a longing-for-the-outdoors picture with the Two-Bum.


1 comment:

  1. aw... haha.

    no more longing look once you get to australia i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete