Saturday 23 March 2013

A Day at Manly Beach!

I GOT MY SURF ON TODAY!

Steven and I went here:



It was a beautiful, hot Saturday in Sydney, so we got on a ferry and 30 minutes later, we arrived.




Without delay, I headed straight over to this little tent and hired myself a board. An hour for $15 to do what I love possibly most in the world? Hell yah!



It's been almost 3 years since I've been on a board! I haven't lost the skill of navigating over white water or the pop up, but I've lost a LOT of strength. If the waves were bigger today, I think I would have been in big trouble.


This totally brought me back to my days in Taiwan, where I was skimboarding and wave riding with my friends every weekend or more. I can't wait to go back and visit later this year!

For those of you who don't know, and might care to learn, it was surfing that got me into yoga. It opened me up to the possibility that yoga might be something I would be interested in. After my first yoga class, I realized that surfing and yoga are one and the same. The physical challenges might draw you in at first, but it won't keep you there for 3 hour sessions every weekend for 3 years.

It was refreshing to come back to where it all started.

I wish I could surf every day of my life. Forever.<3


After my super quickie surf, Steven and I walked over to one of the quieter beaches near the main strip and rented a kayak.


I did all the work while he took pictures and pointed to where he wanted to go.

Nah, that's not true, but my arms are going to be sooo sore tomorrow!

Happy weekend everyone! Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment